Power of Attorney should be processed in accordance with the laid down rules stated in ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’. Please click here for ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’.
1. Requirement for processing of Power of Attorney:
- Physical presence of the executant(s) at the Embassy to sign in front of the consular officer.
- (two) sets (one original and one photo copy) of unsigned Power of Attorney document completed as per the format (Schedule-Ka, Form-3). Please click for the BANGLA FORMAT or ENGLISH PROFORMA of POA.
- A valid Bangladeshi passport/Foreign passport with No Visa Required (NVR) of all executants.
- Two Copies of recent passport size photograph (colour photo with white background) for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
- If the deed is related to Land Property, then it is required to submit the copy of updated tax receipt (Dakhila) of respective land and update Record of Rights (Khatian/ Porcha)
2. Attestation of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka:
- The original and photo copy of Power of Attorney document must be attested by the MOFA, Dhaka within 2 months from the date of signing at the Embassy.
3. Fee (Non-refundable):
4. Receiving time:
Between 07:30 am- 2:00 pm (Sunday –Thursday)
5. Delivery time:
Same day delivery. [Please note for attestation of POA issued from Dhaka requires at least one working day]
Note: Power of attorney is not permissible in case of divorce.