The applicant may apply for data correction/Change of information in MRP
- Data correction is required in case the applicant inadvertently provides wrong data while enrolling MRP and the passport is issued with that wrong data). Please note that data correction should not be mingled with changing of information which requires proper document to do so.
- If an applicant would like to insert/change some of the information in the MRP for specific requirements).
- If the applicant intends to change information like changing full or partial names, permanent address, profession, date of birth, marital status etc. Please note that appropriate supporting documents need to be provided in such change.
Step-1: Data Correction in MRP Application:
- Manually filled in MRP Application Form (please click here to find the form).
- No need to fill in online MRP Application Form.
Step-2: Submission of MRP related documents:
- The applicant should come to the Embassy in person along with required documents.
- Need to submit the required documents and pay fee at the counter.
- An interview may be required prior to the enrolment if any anomaly/anomalies found in the supporting documents. The Embassy reserves the right to request for any additional documents at any stage for necessary scrutiny.
Step-3: Biometric Enrolment:
The applicant should keep in mind that actual time for biometric may vary depending upon various factors. Normally you should plan for 1-2 hours to complete the biometric procedure.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth.
- During your enrolment you will be provided with a proof copy of your passport information. Please check the accuracy of the information carefully since these will be reflected in your passport. The Embassy shall not be responsible for any such mistakes.
- The original passport will be verified here and returned to the applicant along with a delivery slip.
- The applicant should retain the delivery slip carefully without which MRP will not be delivered. If lost, a police report is mandatory to collect the MRP.
Step-4:Delivery of passport:
- Once the passport is received by this Embassy from the DIP/Dhaka, a text message will be sent to applicant to collect the passport.
- Upon receiving the text, the applicant should come to the Embassy in person in any working day between 7:30 am - 2:30 pm (Sunday-Thursday)
- Applicants are requested to come along with old passport, delivery slip and any other documents if specified by the enrolment official. MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal).
- If applicant doesn’t come and send anybody to collect the Passport in favour of the applicant, it is necessary to send an authorization of the applicant. Without authorization with proper signature, no passport will not be delivered.
||Change of name for self/ parents /spouse (full)
||Application related to complete changes of applicant's antecedent (i.e. Name of applicant/ father/ mother) and date of birth will not be received (As per office order/letter of the DIP: 58.01.0000.202.78.001.18-925, date: 07/03/2018 and 58.01.0000.202.78.001.18-240, date: 18/01/2018)
||Change of name for self/ parents/ spouse (partial)
||Change of date of birth
||Change of permanent address
||Police verification certificate from Bangladesh
||Change of marital status
||Registered Marriage/Divorce Certificate (as appropriate)
||Change of passport type
||1) Approval letter from Ministry of Home Affairs (from Official to Ordinary)
2) NOC from competent authority (from Ordinary to Official)
||Change of profession
||1) For technical personnel like Doctor, Engineer etc: education/ professional certificate.
2) For other professions: appropriate letter from the competent authority.
- Manually filled in Data Correction Form.
- A photo copy of the previous MRP (For new application)
- Physical presence of the applicant at the Embassy. Applicant needs to face an interview in the Embassy.
- Application related to complete changes of applicant's antecedent (i.e Name of applicant/ father/ mother) will not be received
- In case of reissue, only old MRP photocopies have to be attached with reissue form. In this case applicants' photograph is not required to be atached with it.
- Document required for data correction